Why Are Rolex Watches So Expensive
Rolex company takes pride in producing high-quality designer watches. It is one of the luxurious watches that every watch enthusiast dreams of having. But do you know why are Rolex watches so expensive? Let us find out.
What Makes Rolex Watches Expensive
Here are some of the reasons why are Rolex watches so expensive.
1. It uses state-of-the-art steel machine. The brand uses an exclusively unique type of steel called 904L steel, which they used since 2003. 904L is unique due to its zero resistance to rust and corrosion. This type of steel absorbs polishes well that helps make outstanding pieces unique to the brand.
2. It uses hand-made and well-tested movements. Yes, you read it right. The watch is constructed with highly skilled hands. The only time they use a machine is for tasks that are not suitable to make using the human hand. These tasks include categorization, filing, cataloging, as well as the procedures that demand a high level of attention that only a machine can provide. The watch bracelets and movements are assembled manually.
The Rolex company has a large group of people who works on a single movement it produces. After making the watch movements, the watch still has to undergo numerous tests to ensure it would not fail. Rolex watch will have to send the watches to OSCT (Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute) for chronometer certification. After casing it, the watch needs to test the movements for precision and undergo wear and abuse simulations before its release.
3. The watch is made from high-end technology. We have already mentioned that Rolex uses both human and machinery to make its watches. They use machines that are high-end and need a lot of attention and care when handling them.
Rolex also uses robots. They are the only brand that uses robotic aid to manage some simple and those other complex tasks that require high precision. Robots do the polishing of the Rolex parts. Moreover, the human hand will complete the procedure.
4. Rolex uses an internal gold factory. What makes Rolex unique is that they use in house material in making their watches. Just like, for example, the gold they use in their watches are made internally. This goes the same with the diamonds and aluminum they use. They use 24k gold and coverts into white, 18k, or Everose gold.
5. Rolex have their own science lab. The Rolex company has its own Research and development department equipped with high-level facilities and a professional science laboratory. The laboratory's primary purpose is to find more ways and discover more advancements in their manufacturing techniques. Also, there is a stress test room where they test watch movements, cases, and bracelets using machines and robots. That is how they establish the durability of the Rolex.
These are just some of the reasons why are Rolex watches so expensive. They give that high-quality assurance to their customers in every watch they produce.