How To Wear A Pocket Watch With A Vest: Style Tips
There is something about a pocket watch that never goes out of style. It is classic, stylishly functional, and adds flair to a plain outfit. There are several ways to wear this classic piece, but in this article, we are going to learn how to wear a pocket watch with a vest so you can head to that meeting in unparalleled style.
Stylish Ways To Wear A Pocket Watch With A Vest
The pocket watch lost to the more efficient wristwatch, but it has maintained its vintage popularity among fans of fashion and classic pieces. There are several ways on how to wear a pocket watch with a vest, and you'll be surprised to see how versatile this bold timepiece can be. These are the things you need to do:
- Choose your pocket watch style:
- Hunter case - utilizes a metal lid that is spring-loaded to protect your watch's face from damage.
- Open face - this type does not have a lid since railroad workers used this in the late 19th century.
- Choose your chain:
- Your choice of a chain will decide how your watch hangs on your vest.
- T bar chain - can be worn single or double attached to a waistcoat or a suit.
- Belt loop chain or belt bar chain - this chain is attached to the belt loop and kept in your trousers' side pockets.
- Bolt ring chains - this chain is attached to your belt's loop or your vest's buttonhole and kept in your trousers or jacket pockets.
Style Tip: The T bar chain is highly recommended if you are learning how to wear a pocket watch with a vest, especially since it looks more classy and dapper.
- Choose the accompanying accessories:
- Suit - If you're bringing a pocket watch with you, you should aim for the best look in a formal suit. Pair it with your pocket watch in a belt loop chain so you can tuck in the pocket watch in your jacket pockets.
- Suspenders - Not many men are fans of suspenders, but if you're going for the look of the 1920's it is a good idea to try some on and pair it with a pocket watch in a bolt ring chain.
- Waistcoat or Vest - This, by far, is one of the best ways you can wear your pocket watch. Pair it in a T bar chain, so you give off a true 1920's working gentleman's vibe. Vests also come in different styles that complement different types of chains.
- Mustache - If you are capable of growing a mustache, pair it with your pocket watch and suit to pay tribute to the Great Gatsby era.
- Monocle - Why don't you go all out and get yourself a monocle with your pocket watch? Whether it's for fashion's sake or a company party, it is a great way to make an impression.
We do the iconic pocket watch justice by knowing how to wear a pocket watch with a vest in the true 1920's fashion. But don't be limited to a waistcoat. Experiment with other modern wardrobes and turn heads in the present by using an item from the past.