How To Set A Rolex Watch? – Easy Steps
Rolex watches are what most of us dream of having about. Although they are really expensive, they are surely good investment. Every model comes with a price tag is amazingly overwhelming. But if you happened to own one, “How do you set a Rolex watch?” You don’t need to be confused because, in this article, we will teach you how.
Steps in Setting a Rolex Watch
Just because you heard that Rolex watches doesn’t use batteries, doesn’t mean it’s hard to know how to set a Rolex watch. All you need to do is follow the instructions accurately and your watch is in good hands.
What you need:
- Soft cotton towel
What to do:
- Make sure your hands are free from moisture. You may wipe them with a dry towel first before touching the materials.
- Lay the soft cotton towel at the top of the table to help secure your Rolex watch in case it slips from your hand.
- Gently pull out the crow and turn it counterclockwise.
- Set the current date by turning the crown.
- Once you’re done, pull the crown gently even more.
- Again, rotate it clockwise. This will help you set the date.
- When you’re done, push back the crown.
- Congratulations! You made it!
Preserving the Timepiece
If you have a Rolex watch, it’s not just your obligation to know how to set time on your Rolex but also how to preserve it. Doing this will help you keep it running for more years to come. So you can use it in the future like auctions, trade, or reselling. Below are the simple do’s and don’ts for your watch.
- Keep it clean. Make sure you occasionally wipe it with a soft microfiber towel. If your watch is made with metal bracelet, you can clean it occasionally using soap, water, and soft bristle toothbrush. After rinsing, wipe it with a dry with a microfiber towel.
- Wind it once a day. You can do this by pinching the crown and turning it after you feel a slight resistance.
- Remember that it works mechanically. If you weren’t able to wear your watch for several times, it will drain and stop working. That’s because it is powered by the kinetic energy and sun.
- Check the crown. Make sure it is pushed in all the time, except when you’re using it to wind your watch.
- Use a blow dryer and set it on the lowest option when dying your watch.
- Do not clean the leather straps of your Rolex watch with brush and detergent. If you do, you will notice some discoloration in the straps.
- Use Crystal Scratch Remover. We know how much you love your Rolex. That is why you get so upset when your watch gets scratched. You can use a scratch remover to help you erase the scratches from the lens of your watch. They are not hard to buy because they are offered in the market and even online.
If you will ask the people around you about the brand of watch they would want to have, most of them will answer Rolex. Because of its reputable status in the world of watches, from then and now, it is in-demand. They may be too pricey to wear on your wrist, but you can surely use them for a good purpose in the future. With this, it is important to apprehend how to set a Rolex watch so you can be sure that you’re right on time for everything!