How To Reset A Smart Watch
There might be a couple of reasons why you want to reset your smartwatch. It’s either you want to give it as a gift, increase storage, or sell it. In this article, you will learn how to reset smart watch by following only easy steps. There’s a lot of ways on how you can re-use your smartwatch and make it look good as new.
Read this before Resetting Your Smartwatch
Before learning how to reset smart watch, you must first know the things that might happen after you click on the reset button to confirm the command. This part of the article will tell you what the important data that you are going to lose once you format your smartwatch are.
- All the data that has been stored in your smartwatch will be completely erased from your device.
- You would also want to say goodbye to all the installed apps in your smartwatch before resetting it.
- System settings are not also safe from being deleted after you reset your smartwatch.
- Make sure that you have found a way to back up important data and files before you hit the factory reset button.
Easy Steps to Reset Your Smartwatch
How do you reset a smartwatch? Different brands may have different ways on how to reset smartwatch, but listed down below are the quickest way on how to do it.
- First, make sure that your smartwatch is turned on.
- Navigate to the settings and scroll down until you find the Factory Reset/Reset Device option and click on it.
- A prompt will pop up and will ask you to confirm your desired command.
- Click on the Yes or Check button to confirm the factory reset on your smartwatch. Once you hit that button, you should know that there’s no turning back.
- Wait until the watch finishes the reset process. Usually, it will restart itself after the factory reset is done.
What we just gave you are the 5 easy steps on how to reset smart watch. You will then notice a big change on your watch, and all your stored data has now been erased after the factory reset.
When Should I Conduct a Factory Reset on My Smartwatch
There is no specific time when you can have a factory reset on your smartwatch. The factory reset is also a must when you forgot the password for your smartwatch and when you have no way to open or access it.
To do it, some smartwatches will advise a factory reset once you have entered an invalid password for a couple of times. Simply tap on it and wait for your watch to reset everything. And after finishing the reset process, you can pair it again with your mobile device.
If you are looking for more specific instructions on how to reset smart watch for your device, you can look for your manufacturer’s manual book and read through it. Different brands may have various ways on how to do it. Make sure that you have backed-up all your data so that resetting your smartwatch would not be a nightmare for you.