How To Reset A Smart Watch
When your watch stops working, most likely, you will have to change its battery. You can bring it to a repair shop and have them do it for you. But then it's going to expensive and time - consuming. Depending on the kind of watch, how to remove watch battery is a simple task that you can do at home. You'll just be needing some tools and proper technique.
Types Of Watch Back Covers
Watches typically have one of three types of covers.
- Back cover secured with screws - cover is surrounded with screws.
- Screw Off cover -this means that the whole back of the watch cover can be twisted to open.
- Snap Back - the most common in modern watches where you snap the cover to open.
Removing Snap Back Watch Battery
Here's how to remove watch battery of a snapback watch.
- Step 1. At the back of the watch, look for a small hole or indentation, usually located on the side. The indentation is to make it easier for you to open the back of the watch.
- Step 2. Put your small flat screwdriver under the watch cover and push it down to lift the cover off.
- Step 3. Once you remove the back, you will see a plastic protection cover used to absorb shock and prevent the watch's mechanism from moving around within the case. Remove it carefully, making sure not to touch or damage the mechanism.
- Step 4. Remove the old battery and replace it with the new one. Make sure to align the dials on the side of the watch. Slowly press down on the watch cover until it snaps back into place.
Removing Battery Of A Watch Cover With Screws
Here's how to remove watch battery of a back cover that's secured with screws.
- Step 1. Use a small screwdriver to remove the screws at the back of the watch.
- Step 2. After removing the screws, the back cover should be loose open. Remove the cover to expose the watch battery and the watch mechanism.
- Step 3. Remove the old battery and replace it with the new one.
- Step 4. After placing the new battery, return the back cover and put back the screws using the screwdriver to lock.
Removing Screw Off Watch Battery
Here's how to remove watch battery of a screw off watch.
- Step 1. You'll be needing a glue tack or sticky thumbtack to remove the watch cover.
- Step 2. Press the tack against the cover of the watch
- Step 3. Once the glue tack is attached to the back, twist it counterclockwise to loosen the cover.
- Step 4. Remove the cover to expose the battery. Then remove the battery and replace it with a new one. If there's a clip holding the battery, make sure to return it before closing back the cover.
After replacing the battery of your watch, make sure to reset the time. Now your watch is ready to use again.