How To Properly Wear A Watch: Fashion Tips 2020
We grew up in a practice wherein, whenever we need to know the time, we just tilt our hand and see what the time the watch displays. But have you ever wondered how to properly wear a watch? Intriguing, but this is what you will learn in this article.
The Watch We Wear
You’re probably looking at your hand right now and thinking about how to properly wear a watch. We grew up being reminded to wear our watch before we go out. But are we wearing them properly? We will help you figure this out!
So how to wear a watch if you are a man? A watch isn’t just something men wear to know the time. It also helps them enhance their outfit and overall appearance.
- You should wear your watch opposite your dominant hand. That means if you’re right-handed, wear your watch on your left hand. And vice versa if you’re left-handed. This will prevent you from discomfort while writing, cooking, slicing, and more.
- Think of the occasion that you are going to before wearing your watch. For example, if you’ll be attending a formal occasion, you are expected to wear a tuxedo. But of course, it will be a mismatch if you’re wearing a rubber strapped watch.
- Watches with leather straps are versatile to wear. If you have no time to switch watches for the occasion that you’ll be attending, you can wear a watch with a leather strap. This will go with most of your outfit and won’t give an awkward look to your OOTD.
- You should wear your watch before your wrist bone. This is a common mistake for others. As you can observe, some are wearing their watches loose and near their hand. While some wear their watches far from their wrist bone. This will allow you to move your hand with less stress and hustle.
- Wear the right fit. Make sure it is not tight nor loose because it will affect your movement and may cause you injuries.
Women undeniably knows where to wear a watch. For most women, watches are a must wear every day. It is an important accessory that completes the whole outfit. But are you wearing it right? If you aren’t sure, here’s how.
- Make sure you’re wearing the right fit. This will prevent your watch from sliding around and giving you a discomfort feeling.
- If you aren’t sure about the occasion that you’ll be attending, you can wear a watch that has brown or black straps. Leather straps will do because they are very versatile. They will match the clothes you wear every day regardless of the color of your OOTD.
- If you’ll be attending a formal or luxurious occasion, avoid wearing big watches. Wear a watch that has small and thin straps, so it won’t overpower your look. Slim straps will give a finer and smoother look so remember to wear one if you’re in a formal event.
- Wear it before your wrist bone.
- Wear it opposite your dominant hand. Because if not, this will become a distraction to you while you are working with something.
Wear it Right to Make you Look Bright
We know that watches are part of our daily accessories. But some of us may be confused with how they should be worn. But with the help of this article, you learned how to properly wear a watch. This time, you can be more confident in wearing your watch because you know the rules!