How To Open A Waltham Pocket Watch
Holding a Waltham Pocket Watch feels like having a trip to the classical era. You can often see this charming item in an antique shops. Since its designs are not so updated, opening them can be troublesome. In this article, you will be enlightened on how to open a Waltham pocket watch accurately with simple steps.
Waltham Pocket Watch Value
Have you ever wondered how much an A.W. Co. Waltham pocket watch is? Are they still available? Many antique collectors thirst for Waltham pocket watch because of its design, built and age. Holding a very old pocket watch from the 1800s is like holding 200 years of time in your hand.
So, how much is its value? The answer depends on a professional antique watch valuer. They are the ones who are experts in this field, and they have the tools that will help determine if your Waltham watch is real or not.
But if you are not planning to sell it to an antique dealer, you can just keep the pocket watch with you. How is the Waltham pocket watch opened?
Opening the Back of Your Waltham Watch
Many people who own an old pocket watch are not satisfied with it having no strap. Or maybe you also want to convert your pocket watch into an easy and secure to carry wristwatch. There are different ways on how to open a Waltham pocket watch, and this depends on its type and model.
This article will show you how to open a pocket watch back with easy to follow steps.
- Flip your watch so that you will be facing the back of your watch.
- Make sure that your hands are holding the back firmly and use your opposite hand to hold the watch in place.
- Rotate the back of the watch in a counterclockwise direction until you can feel that the back of the watch has slowly loosened from the main body.
- Continue rotating it by your hand until the back part is partly detached from the body of your pocket watch.
- After that, you can unscrew the back cover to detach it from the pocket. Examine closely and you’ll have an easy access to its internal parts.
Those are 5 easy steps on how to open a Waltham pocket watch back.
How Old is Your Waltham Pocket Watch?
Finding out how old your pocket watch is not a hard task to do. Once you open the back of your Waltham pocket watch, you can see a serial number engraved inside, and with those numbers, you can easily determine from which year your watch was made. How?
There is a table of serial numbers available online for different brands of a pocket watch and you can see beside each serial number the closest year your pocket watch was from.
Knowing how to open a Waltham pocket watch exactly is important. It’s because vintage watches need to be handled with extra care so that it can maintain its full beauty and function - even after it has passed through different eras and different hands.