How To Clean A Stainless Steel Watch
A watch made from stainless steel is not prone to scratches. But then again, it can get dirt built and stuck on its exterior surface. And to prevent that from happening, you'll have to clean it to maintain its well-polished look. In this article, we will discuss how to clean stainless steel watch. Continue reading to know how.
Cleaning a Stainless-Steel Watch the Easy Way
Here are the six steps on how to clean stainless steel watch.
1. Wipe it – Start the cleaning process by wiping the watch with a soft clean cloth. This will remove the first layer of dirt and dust. Use a paper towel, but a microfiber cloth is more recommended.
2. Dip it in warm and soapy water – Note that you need lukewarm water for this step and not hot or steaming water. The reason for this is that temperature fluctuations can cause the watch gaskets to expand, allowing water to infiltrate and damage the delicate parts of the watch. To clean your watch, fill up a small sink basin or clean bowl with lukewarm water. Make sure to remove most of the grime by soaking it a bit but not too long and gently wipe it with a cloth. You can also add a drop of antibacterial dish soap to the water. Dish soap has ingredients that easily dissolve grease. That's the reason why its use to remove oils and debris from stainless steel. If the watch is not waterproof, dip only the strap in the water as you wouldn't want to damage the watch.
3. Scrub the bracelet – Clean the crevices of the stainless-steel bracelet using a damp, clean toothbrush. Apply just the right amount of pressure when scrubbing to prevent some unwanted scratches on the watch.
4. Rinse with warm water – Dip the watch bracelet in warm water, or you may run it under the sink to rinse away the soap residue. Leaving soap residue on the steel can tarnish and look dull. Properly rinsing the watch bracelet will help preserve the polished surfaces, making it look new.
5. Dry it using a soft cloth – Dry it off with a bath towel, or you may use a hairdryer with a low-heat setting to quickly dry in between the links. If you wear the watch right after you clean and rinse it, your body heat will get rid of water between bracelet links.
6. Add sparkle and shine – Refresh the watch's shiny look by spraying glass cleaner on a soft cloth, and wipe it down the watch face, case, and bracelet. You may also dip the soft brush in the glass cleaner and scrub the bracelet to get deeper into the bracelet and its crevices. Then wipe it dry.
How to clean stainless steel watch is fast and easy. If you'd want a product to clean your jewelry, make sure that it's specifically made for stainless steel jewelry. Should there still be scratches after cleaning, you can bring it to a service center for more thorough cleaning.