How To Clean A Silicone Watch Band: Quick Steps
Watches come in different designs from their size, color, embellishment, and even straps. Watch straps have an immense effect on anyone planning to buy a watch. Does it look good? Is it easy to clean? In this article, we will check some steps on how to clean silicone watch band so it feels brand new every time you put it on.
Quick Steps To Cleaning A Silicone Band
Many watches now offer silicone bands because they are durable, lightweight, and don't accumulate sweat as fast as leather or canvas. But these straps still get dirty. These are the steps on how to clean silicone watch band:
Pro Tip: Always check with your manufacturer before attempting to clean to avoid damage. If a manufacturer is unavailable, you can have it done by a specialist.
Things you need:
- An old toothbrush
- warm water
- dish soap
- soft and clean cotton cloth
- baking soda (optional)
Steps to take:
- Step 1 - Disconnect the straps from your watch.
- Step 2 - Make a mixture of dish soap and warm water in a bowl. Put in a few drops of the dish soap and stir the water gently.
- Step 3 - Use your fingers to rub the dirt and discoloration on the straps gently.
- Step 4 - Dry the bands using a clean piece of cloth and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Step 5 - Wear your watch, but make sure it's dry.
Tip: For stubborn stains on your bands, you can use baking soda and rub it with an old toothbrush. Be careful with your chosen tools for cleaning. If the brushes are too hard, they might blur out the designs of your watch bands.
Tips For Care: Well-Maintained Watches
- If your watch bands get wet from the rain, clean it up immediately, so your skin does not get irritated.
- Choose the right size of watch bands. It should not be too loose or too tight, so you don't get skin irritations.
- Allow your arm to breathe after wearing a watch for hours. Silicone can cause skin irritation if it stays on the skin for too long.
- Although silicone bands are safe for swimming, the stainless steel components in your band weaken the watch band.
- If you take a swim while wearing your watch, make sure you rinse it immediately.
- A lot of silicone watches offer glow in the dark features. Charge it using indoor lighting and some sunshine so that you can enjoy it.
An Apple watch is useful, but it doesn't come cheap. Although it has made life easier for modern and busy individuals, knowing how long does it take for apple watch to charge is basic information to make gadgets last longer.