How To Clean A Rubber Watch Band: Tips and Tricks
A watch with a rubber strap can give you a classic and luxurious feeling. But they also need a good quality cleaning style to maintain its beautiful look. Learn how to clean rubber watch band in the simplest and quickest way. No more hassle this time!
Rubber Watch Band Cleaning Technique
Your brand-new looking rubber watchband can get dirty from all the dirt and pollution outside of your home. And it can get so frustrating when you’re wearing a dirty watch over a good-looking outfit! Unwanted particles on your watch can ruin and mask its charm. So how to clean rubber watch band?
Check out down below to see the best way to clean rubber watch strap without having to bring it to an expensive watch cleaning shop.
- Any available white toothpaste
- Rubbing alcohol
- Dish soap
- Cotton (preferably cotton balls)
- Clean warm water
- Any small soft brush (you can use a toothbrush)
- Start by applying or spreading a small amount of toothpaste to the part where there is dirt. You can also apply it all over the strap to fairly clean the rubber band.
- Spread or rub it carefully along the strap with your small soft brush, you can also use your clean fingers for this process. Remember to not rub the strap harshly with the bristles because it might cause unwanted damage.
- After that process, make sure to rinse it well with clean warm water and dry it well.
- If the dirt hasn’t completely been removed, you can use dish soap to clean the band. To do it, mix dish soap and clean warm water. Stir. Grab a cotton ball and dip it to the mixture. Slowly squeeze it to remove excess soap and gently rub it into the watch rubber band. Make sure to target the area where there is still remaining dirt.
- To reach the small areas of the band, you can use cotton buds to clean it.
- Rinse your rubber strap again thoroughly with clean water and wait for it to dry.
- That’s how to clean rubber watch band. Now, you can wear your newly cleaned, brand-new looking watch again.
Cleaning White Rubber Watch Strap
How about if your watch has a white rubber strap? How to clean white rubber watch band? Don’t worry! You can use the same process with your white rubber strap. For extra and better care, clean your watch strap regularly.
If you feel like no matter how much cleaning you do, your watch strap isn’t looking better anymore. Maybe it’s time that you replace the rubber band with a new one.
When thinking of ways on how to clean rubber watch band, you might worry about the price. The good thing is you can give your watch strap a new look again with just those easy steps and easy-to-find cleaning materials in your home.