How To Clean A Leather Watch Band?
Leather watches are our best accessory every day. They blend well with our outfit plus they are perfect to wear on most occasions. If only they can talk, we will hear them complaining about overwork. Perhaps, this may be the reason why they get soiled and smelly. But how to clean leather watch band? You can start cleaning yours afterward because we will teach you how in this article.
What Happens if We Don’t Clean Them
Everything in this world requires proper care to survive. Just like that strapped watch you’re wearing on your wrist. As we all know, our body secretes fluid in the form of sweat. Since the watches we wear touch our skin, it means the moisture is being trapped on the bands. The moisture and dirt now get mix up and stay in the strap. So if you don’t know how to clean a leather watch band, you will experience skin irritation or itching. This will also give the strap a foul smell. Molds will also grow on the straps, so it is essential to know how to prevent these issues.
Easy Steps for Cleaning
To clean leather watch band, you must have the following materials. Also, you need to follow the procedures below diligently to avoid damage. Remember, do not purchase leather conditioner used for furniture because it can cause irritation to your skin.
What you need:
- (2) Chamois or Microfiber cloth
- Leather conditioner (choose the one that is used for accessories, watches, and clothes)
- Mild soap
What to do:
- Detach the straps from your watch. Doing this will protect the mechanism and case of your watch.
- Get a soft cloth and wipe each strap to remove the present liquid and debris.
- Get the basin.
- Pour the water and add a few drops of mild soap.
- Soak one soft cloth and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Rub the straps well in a circular motion from the inner to the outer part.
- Rinse the damped soft cloth with a running water.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Remove the excess soap from the straps.
- Gently rub it and rinse the soft cloth until its cleaned.
- Leave the straps to air-dry.
- Do not put the straps in direct sunlight because it will cause discoloration and other damage to the straps.
- Once it’s dry, apply the leather conditioner to the straps from top to bottom.
Routine for Cleaning
Now that you already know how to polish leather watch strap, you should know about the frequency of cleaning it. Remember to clean the straps of your watch once every other week. You can schedule it on your phone by making an alarm, so you won’t forget when it’s time to clean them. Also, do not forget or skip the leather conditioner because this is what will help you maintain the life span of your leather straps.
Clean Leather Straps for a Healthier Skin
Of all watches, those that have leather straps are the ones that need maintenance in cleaning. That’s because the straps absorb the moisture on its surface. But now that you learned about how to clean leather watch band, you can prevent the itching and irritation of your skin! So clean your leather straps to get a healthier skin.