How To Change The Time On A Digital Watch
Modern needs push electronics to evolve, and watches are not an exception. But sometimes we can get too attached to traditional forms that when we finally decide to embrace change, we encounter issues. Don't worry, because we are here to make your life easy. We will teach you how to change the time on a digital watch, so you don't have to keep referring to your manual for instructions.
Quick Guide: Changing The Time On Your Digital Watch
Digital watches have four standard buttons for settings and other features. Let's get to know some of these buttons and what they do before we figure out how to change the time on a digital watch. Let's start!
These are the four common buttons of a digital watch:
- Mode - This button allows you to switch to different modes in your watch like stopwatch and alarm. This is also the same button you press when you want to finalize the changes in your watch.
- Reset - This button decreases the time or the alarm you set on your digital watch.
- Start - This button increases the time or alarm set on your digital watch.
- Light - This button, when held, keeps your display illuminated.
NOTE: Always check manufacturer instructions to avoid damaging the watch.
How to change the time on a digital watch:
- Step 1 - Test the buttons of your watch to identify mode, start, reset, and light.
- Step 2 - If you are not comfortable using your fingers, you can use a pen to push on the buttons for resetting your watch. This method is particularly helpful for recessed buttons.
- Step 3 - go to 'Mode' and hold it until the numbers on your watch face start blinking.
- Step 4 - Change between hour, minute, second, and date to set the desired time.
- Step 5 - Increase or decrease time by using the start or reset button. Some watches only have one button to change your time.
- Step 6 - When you finish adjusting, put the watch on 'Set' to save the changes.
NOTE: Not all digital watches are created the same. Make sure you check with your manufacturer or other specialists for special instructions.
The Benefits Of Owning A Digital Watch
- Digital watches are more affordable - Digital watches do not need complex engineering, which makes it more affordable than traditional watches.
- Digital watches are easy to read - You can't go wrong with reading because the numbers are served readily to you. You can even check the time in the dark.
- Digital watches offer more modern features - These watches come with a variety of features like an alarm clock, time zones, and even games!
The digital watch may look a little confusing because of its four buttons, but once you get the hang of it and finally know how to change the time on a digital watch effectively, doing the rest will be a breeze. The key is to experiment and test the buttons while keeping the manual close to you for reference.