How To Change A Seiko Watch Battery: Quick Guide
The Seiko watch is a brand that has been around for a long time. And although their watches are durable, they still run out of batteries. In cases when you're far from your favorite Seiko serviceman or specialist, you'll need some skills. That's why we're going to teach you how to change Seiko watch battery.
A Quick Guide To Replacing A Seiko Watch Battery
Seiko watches have different models and types for their watches. If you are ever unsure during your DIY process, do not hesitate to call or bring it to a specialist.
These are the steps on how to change Seiko watch battery:
- Step 1 - Lay down a soft cloth on the table to start working on battery replacement.
- Step 2 - Put your watch face down on the cloth and inspect the back case.
- Step 3 - Open the back case by inserting the tool on the area with a rubber insulator. The way you manage your tool will depend entirely on the type of insulator used on your watch.
- Step 4 - Keep the tool in a side to side motion to loosen the back case of your watch.
- Step 5 - Be careful not to pry the battery up, or else it will damage any movement.
- Step 6 - Take the casing ring and prepare your replacement battery.
- Step 7 - With the casing ring out, slip in the battery's edge under the installer.
- Step 8 - Align the arrow that is marked on your battery to the crown of your watch.
- Step 9 - Remove your battery's installer and replace it with the casing ring.
- Step 10 - Check if the date on your calendar was retained.
- Step 11 - Pull the crown and push it back in after hearing the first click.
- Step 12 - You're good to go!
Tips For Finding A Good Watch
Using a watch does not stop in learning how to change Seiko watch battery. It also means you should know how to shop for watches. Here are a few tips for you to find a good watch:
- Choose excellent watch material.
- Stainless steel is more affordable than titanium or ceramic and still as good.
- Check if the watch used a PVD coating, which helps preserve the watch's color. You can ask the seller about details if it is not mentioned in the product description.
- Choose at least 10 ATM water-resistant watch.
- A watch that is water-resistant to 100 meters has excellent quality.
- As a general rule, a watch should be 3 ATM water-resistant to provide you sufficient comfort.
- Choose a good watch movement.
- A good quartz movement ensures that your watch is durable and has no loose parts. A brand like Seiko has proven itself as one of the leaders in quality watch movement.
Seiko watches are known to last long, which means the changes you will ever need to do will be battery replacements and an occasional strap change. Now that you know how to change Seiko watch battery, you can care for your watch even in the absence of specialists.