How Long Does Apple Watch Battery Last?
You may be convinced that your Apple Watch can do anything. As a smartwatch connected to your iPhone, it delivers notifications and allows you to send text messages, make calls, and run your needed applications all day long.
With everything that it can do, you wonder how long does Apple Watch battery last? Find out as you read this article.
Your Apple Watch
There are other smartwatches that you can connect with your iPhone. However, the Apple Watch could be considered as the best fit for your iOS device.
Indeed, your Apple Watch is reliable for so many tasks. Before we move on to answer your question—how long does my apple watch battery last—we will determine its several uses. Who knows, you might not have discovered everything that it can do for you. Some, you can even do without the aid of your iPhone.
- Answer Calls
- View and reply to text and iMessage
- Check your email
- Use Facebook Messenger
- Receive iPhone notifications
- Use the Apple Watch as a Walkie Talkie
- Record a Voice Memo
- Track your cycle, your runs, your fitness, your sleep, and other activities such as snowboarding and skiing
- Monitor safe hearing levels
- Listen to podcasts and music
- Use as a flashlight, compass, stopwatch, and translator
- Use the Apple Watch in water
- Monitor your heart rate
- Send Apple Watch Memoji
- Pay and send money to friends with Apple Pay
- Get directions
- Send drawings from the Apple Watch
- Use Siri
- View photos
- Connect to your car and open garage door
- Share your Location
- Control your Apple TV & Music
- Use it as a Camera Viewfinder
- Find a lost iPhone
- Use it as a nightstand clock
- Send an SOS
- Show store loyalty cards
- Control Smart Home
- Get weather alerts
- Check Instagram feed
- Control HomePod Music
- Make in-app purchase
The functions of your Apple Watch and how you utilize them contribute to how long it could use up its battery charge.
So, how long apple watch battery last?
An Apple Watch battery can last 2 to 3 years before needing a replacement. Of course, it still depends on how you use and maintain it.
As to your battery’s charge, it depends on the amount of time that you are able to charge it and how often you use its functions.
According to Apple, it tested the smartwatch after an overnight charge. Based on the product test, the Apple Watch can last up to 18 hours with 90 time checks, 90 notifications, 45 minutes of app use, and a 60-minute workout with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth.
If you use it more often, your watch might reach low battery levels more quickly than 18 hours.
Tips To Make The Most Of Your Battery
To maximize your battery’s lifespan of 2 to 3 years, follow these tips:
- Use an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) charger.
- Avoid fully depleting your battery, and don’t let it sit for long. Simply put, charge it immediately when you get the low battery notification.
- Do not expose your watch to extreme temperatures.
A device’s battery life is crucial so it can keep up with your busy lifestyle. However, keep in mind that how long does apple watch battery last depends on usage. If you notice your battery drains quickly than it used to, go to an authorized service center to have it checked.